Coordinator of Administration + Consulting
The JB+A team provides nonprofit clients expertise and guidance on all aspects of fundraising and nonprofit management: strategic planning; resource development evaluation, plan creation and plan implementation; prospective donor identification, research and appraisal; Executive Searches; Board and staff fundraising training; and planning for and executing major gift/capital/endowment campaigns.
The JB+A Coordinator of Administration + Consulting is a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and relationships (both internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment as part of a team concept, with guidance from Senior Consultants. His/her critical role is to support our Consultants and the Firm during all client engagements, help research and generate opportunities with prospective nonprofit clients, assist with internal marketing and sales activities and provide administrative management and support.
Minimum Qualifications +Requirements:
1. B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
2. A minimum of three- years’ progressive experience and achievement in a nonprofit development department: high proficiency in CRM database and email marketing systems (experience with DonorPerfect and Constant Contact preferred); an understanding of fundraising processes and best practices; significant interaction with donors/prospects and other constituents; proficiency with standard office equipment such as desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills: strong interpersonal and presentation skills; communicating effectively via phone, email and in-person; an ability to initiate and nurture both internal and external relationships – with co-workers, clients (current, past and prospective) business partners, vendors and other members of the nonprofit community
4. Inherent qualities: detail-oriented, organized, adaptable, a quick-learner and a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment; an ability to work as a team player; advanced problem solving skills, self-motivated and punctual; ability to provide superior customer service internally and externally; accuracy in work methods; good judgment with professionalism and a genuine care and concern for the missions of those JB+A serves.
1. Support the client proposal process: RFP review, intake, research, communicating with the prospective client during the process, developing content for cover letters, scopes of work and proposals, follow up after proposal submissions and other support as needed; tracking timelines and deadlines for submissions
2. Provide wide-ranging support for client project management, including:
- Writing: specifically, with meeting notes and memos, concept papers/cases for support, client-generated letters and other correspondence, templates and samples, job descriptions for volunteers, marketing materials, campaign collateral and final project reports
- Research: on current and prospective donors, volunteers and funding sources, including individuals, foundations, corporations and public funding opportunities at the municipal, county, state and federal levels; supporting clients in evaluation and selection of donor database and analytics services and serving as liaison between the client and vendor when outside services are required
- Supporting the graphic design and layout of materials (both client and JB+A sourced), and serving as liaison between the client and vendor when outside services are required
- Project management: support in coordinating and managing project timelines and due dates; scheduling client meetings, feasibility/planning study interviews, consultant-attended prospective donor and funder calls, training and education sessions
- Client systems and infrastructure: supporting the lead consultants on projects when conducting internal audits and assessments and compiling and synthesizing data gathered during these evaluations to be shared with the client
3. In conjunction with other members of the JB+A team, participate in and manage marketing activities such as
- Identifying, cultivating and generating prospective clients
- Creating and distributing JB+A Firm- and/or consultant-generated newsletters, blog posts, website updates, reports, white papers, article submissions, presentation packets, press releases, op-ed pieces, brochures and other communications; this includes researching, generating, editing, proofing and laying out content
- Managing the Firm’s social media accounts (LinkedIn and Facebook) and website; making consistent, timely and relevant content posts and updates
- Following up on and supporting leads for prospective clients in a timely manner, including email, telephone conversations, meetings and site visits
- Planning, organizing and helping conduct JB+A workshops (both client-centered and for the broader nonprofit community), presentations and speaking engagements
4. Track, manage and report metrics for the Firm’s marketing and sales activities as well as for client projects; helping identify goals, objectives and benchmarks
5. Maintain and expand a personal knowledge base for philanthropy and nonprofit resources: reviewing periodicals, publications, newsletters, websites and other forms of communications such as listservs; attending conferences, workshops and seminars; staying on top of developments and current events locally, regionally and nationally within the industry and alerting the JB+A team with pertinent information
6. Support the President + CEO and internal infrastructure/systems of JB+A as requested (setting appointments, Firm correspondence, managing vendors)
7. Identifying, researching and helping establish and develop relationships with key decision makers in the philanthropic, business and civic community to position JB+A as a trusted and respected industry leader and resource; help steward and cultivate previous client partners
8. Other duties as assigned.
Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to JBAjobs@FundraisingJBA.com.